Pasadena LASIK Surgeon
Dr. Jonathan M. Davidorf., M.D.
Trusted LASIK Surgeons
Dr. Jonathan M. Davidorf, M.D. Director Davidorf Eye Group
Dr. Jonathan M. Davidorf, M.D.: LASIK surgery, cataract surgery, PRK, all-laser or bladeless LASIK, & wavefront based laser vision correction surgery, refractive surgery such as intraocular lens implant surgery (IOL's), corneal transplants, limbal relaxing incisions & conductive keratoplasty (CK), expert.
Dr. Davidorf is a Professor of Ophthalmology, UCLA School of Medicine, Jules Stein Eye Institute.
Dr. Davidorf is Team Ophthalmologist for the L.A. Avengers
Dr. Davidorf is chief Ophthalmologist Women's World Cup.
Dr. Davidorf course, "Emerging Technologies in Cataract and Refractive Surgery"is attended by eye surgeons globally.
Direct: (818) 883-0112
The Davidorf Eye Group
7320 Woodlake Ave. Suite 190
West Hills, CA 91307
Serving: West Hills, Woodland Hills, West lake Village, Encino, Calabasas, Oxnard, Sherman Oaks, Tarzana, Thousand Oaks, and Agoura Hills. California, the USA and international patients.
Special discount* on LASIK and other elective surgery procedures offered by Dr. Davidorf to members of U.S. military, local police and fire departments and certain family members, please contact the surgeon’s office directly and mention Trusted LASIK Surgeons..
(Please be sure to include Dr. Davidorf’s name in the comments section and please let him know you found him through his Trusted LASIK Surgeons listing).
Dr. Jonathan Davidorf has extensive qualifications that Trusted LASIK Surgeons estimates place him among the top 1% of LASIK laser eye surgery,refractive eye surgeons, cataract surgery, and vision correction experts in the United States.
For your convenience, these credentials and criteria have been grouped by Experience, Patient Care and Credentials. In addition, Dr. Davidorf has included some additional career highlights that while not used by Trusted LASIK Surgeons in our screening process, clearly supplement his highly distinguished career..
Dr. Davidorf’s qualifications and credentials as one of the top LASIK surgeon include:
- Over 23 years experience in laser vision surgery, including LASIK.
- Over 26 years in refractive surgery (laser vision, lens implants and RK).
- Performed over 10,000 LASIK and laser vision procedures.
- Performed over 15,000 LASIK and laser vision procedures.
- Performed over 500 corneal transplant surgery procedures.
- Principal investigator for 5 FDA studies as well as co-investigator for 5 other studies. Recent FDA approval studies include:
- New Phakic IOL Technology.
- New Accommodating IOL (presbyopia lens implant) Technology.
- Conductive Keratoplasty (CK)
- Investigator for LASIK clinical trials.
- Among the first cataract surgeons to offer Laser-Assisted Cataract Surgery in the United States
- First in California to perform LASIK for farsightedness (hyperopia).
- Published first papers (journal articles) on Bioptics vision correction (combined LASIK and Implantable Contact Lenses).
- Refractive and Cataract Surgery Expert Witness: Over 20 years experience providing expert witness services on behalf of plaintiffs and defendants, including over 100 cases reviewed and over 30 cases where Dr. Davidorf provided expert testimony for cases involving the following refractive and cataract eye surgery procedures.
Premier Patient Care
- All-Laser” or “Bladeless” LASIK using the IntraLase system.
- Wavefront Based (“Custom”) LASIK and PRK.
- Use of Bausch & Lomb Zyoptix and IntraLase technologies for a safer, more precise LASIK procedure.
- Offers complete refractive surgery care, including LASIK, PRK, RLE/CLE, CK (Conductive Keratoplasty), Phakic Implants, Limbal Relaxing Incisions, and cataract and multifocal lens implants procedures
- Management of complications of surgery for new patients who had problems from a LASIK or other vision correction procedure performed by another doctor.
- Other eye surgeons, optometrists, opticians, employees of companies that specialize in refractive surgery instrumentation or their family members have had their LASIK and other refractive surgeries performed by this Surgeon..
- Provided expert witness and case review for refractive and cataract surgery for over 50 cases.
- American Academy of Ophthalmology (Member).
- Achievement Award.
- American Medical Association (Member).
- Physician Recognition Award recipient, 2001 - 2004.
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (Member)
- “Pediatric Refractive Surgery” presentation selected “Best of 2003” ASCRS Symposium.
- International Society of Refractive Surgery (Member).
- Past member of Documents Committee.
- Certified by American Board of Ophthalmology.
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology, UCLA School of Medicine, Jules Stein Eye Institute(1997-Present).
- International Society of Refractive Surgery (1998-1999).
- Documents Committee.
- Consultant for Alcon, Inc. (manufacturer of lasers for vision correction).
- Consultant for Refractec, Inc. (manufacturer of device used for Conductive Keratoplasty (CK)).
- Reviewer: Ophthalmology, Journal of Refractive Surgery, Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, Survey of Ophthalmology, American Journal of Ophthalmology.
- Over 50 peer-reviewed scientific journal articles published.
- 10 textbook chapters and author of LASIK: A Guide to Laser Vision Correction.
- 5 textbooks edited
- Over 30 videos and podcasts.
- Over 50 poster presentations.
- Served as a panelist or moderator on over 50 panels at major eye meetings.
- Over 100 wet labs and courses taught.
- Over 250 lectures and presentations on research topics in refractive surgery at major eye meetings.
- Includes presentations at AAO, ASCRS and Hawaii Ophthalmological Society Annual Conventions.
Additional Career Highlights
- Team Ophthalmologist: L.A. Avengers .
- Chief Ophthalmologist: Women's World Cup.
- Co-director, Friends of Vision Foundation (2000-01).
- Honorary Chairman of NRCC Physicians Advisory Board (2004-05).
- Medical Advisory Board: Refractec, Inc. (1998-present).
- Medical Records Committee: West Hills Hospital (2001-present).
- Quality Assurance Committee: West Hills Surgery Center (2002-present).
- Medical Executive Committee: Motion Picture Health and Welfare Fund (2004-06).
- Refractive Surgery Section Editor: Techniques in Ophthalmology (2004-present).
- Listed in the Millennium Edition of National Register’s Who’s Who in Executives & Professionals.
- Honored Member of Strathmore’s Who’s Who in America, Millennium Edition 2000-2001.
- Listed in Marquis’ Who’s Who in America.
- Residency (in Ophthalmology): Ohio State University, Havener Eye Center.
- Internship (transitional): Harbor-UCLA Medical Center.
- Fellowship: Instituto Zaldivar, Fellowship in Refractive Surgery
Jonathan M. Davidorf, M.D., is a board-certified ophthalmologist and Director of the Davidorf Eye Group in West Hills, California, where he specializes in laser vision correction and lens implant surgery. He is an assistant clinical professor at UCLA’s Jules Stein Eye Institute and has served as Director of Surgeon Training for Refractec, Inc., Chief Ophthalmologist for the Women’s World Cup, and Co-Director of Friends of Vision Foundation, a nonprofit organization that provides medical and surgical ophthalmologic care to underdeveloped nations. Dr. Davidorf was an Academic All-American at the University of California, Berkeley; he continued his training at the University of California, San Diego, UCLA, and Ohio State University. He completed an international fellowship in refractive surgery in South America, where he researched and helped develop LASIK and other refractive surgery techniques, several years before their approval in the United States.
Among his publications are the definitive scientific papers on implantable contact lenses and Bioptics vision correction surgery and pioneering work on pediatric LASIK. Dr. Davidorf is also co-author of LASIK: Principles and Techniques, the first medical textbook on LASIK. He has served as investigator for many clinical trials, including the investigations that led to FDA approval of LASIK. In 1999, Dr. Davidorf received recognition from the International Society of Refractive Surgery for best research by a vision scientist..
Dr. Davidorf has delivered award-winning presentations to national and international audiences on the subject of refractive surgery and continues to train other ophthalmologists on advanced surgical techniques. His course, “Emerging Technologies in Cataract and Refractive Surgery,” is attended by ophthalmologists and surgeons from around the world. He is a lecturer and course director for the American Academy of Ophthalmology, the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, and the International Society of Refractive Surgery. Ophthalmologist, Dr. Davidorf received Bausch & Lomb’s Clarity Award in 2003 for his leadership and experience with Wavefront technology, and was selected as one of “America’s Top Ophthalmologists” by the Consumers’ Research Council of America in 2004. His media appearances include news telecasts for ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX. He has also been interviewed for numerous radio programs and has been featured in newspaper and magazine articles coast to coast.
Call Davidorf Eye Group today at (818) 883-0112 or fill out the Online Contact form for Davidorf Eye Group to schedule a laser vision correction or cataract surgery consultation today.
You now have accurate information and a direct contact to an exceptional surgeon. Dr. Davidorf is looking forward to meeting with you. Please let Dr. Davidorf know you found him through Trusted LASIK Surgeons.
Thank you for visiting us at Trusted LASIK Surgeons.
To find a vision correction expert surgeon who has qualified to be listed at Trusted LASIK surgeons in another area, please visit:
The screening process and standards used by Trusted LASIK Surgeons™ can be found at: