Rancho Cordova LASIK Surgeon
Dr. Edward E. Manche, M.D.
Trusted LASIK Surgeons
Dr. Edward E. Manche, M.D.
Dr. Edward E. Manche, MD, Director of Cornea and Refractive Surgery at the Stanford Eye Laser Center
Dr. Edward Manche is a world-renowned expert in laser and surgical techniques for vision correction.
Dr. Manche, Chairman, Ophthalmology Credentialing Committee
Call for a free LASIK consultation evaluation with a true LASIK expert who is a trusted eye surgeon and vision care specialist. Dr. Manche's exceptional qualifications are listed below
The Stanford Eye Laser Center
2452 Watson Court
Palo Alto, CA 94303
Phone: (650) 498-7020
Serving patients seeking to improve their vision from Palo Alto, Stanford, Mountain View, Santa Clara, San Jose, Santa Rosa, and Cupertino areas, and throughout California and the United States, as well as international patients
Website(s): The Stanford Eye Laser Center
To learn what former patients have to say about Dr. Manche, please visit: Dr. Manche’s Patient Testimonials
Special pricing* on LASIK and other elective surgery procedures offered by Dr. Manche to members of U.S. military, local police and fire departments and certain family members. For more info, please contact the surgeon’s office directly and mention Trusted LASIK Surgeons.
Dr. Edward Manche has extensive qualifications that Trusted LASIK Surgeon's estimates place him among the top 1% of LASIK, Laser and refractive surgeons in the U.S.
Below is a summary of Dr. Manche ’s qualifications. For your convenience, these credentials and criteria have been grouped by Experience, Patient Care and Credentials.
In addition, Dr. Manche has included some additional career highlights that while not used by Trusted LASIK Surgeons in our screening process, clearly supplement his highly distinguished career.
- Over 15 years experience in laser vision surgery, including LASIK and PRK
- Over 16 years experience in refractive surgery (laser vision, lens implants and RK)
- Performed over 28,000 LASIK and laser vision procedures
- Principal Investigator for 7 FDA Studies for laser manufacturers (VISX, IntraLase, Summit) as well as an Investigator for other FDA studies (Keravision, Ophthec, Ciba Vision, Refractec)
Premier Patient Care
- “All-Laser” LASIK (bladeless) using the IntraLase laser
- Wavefront Based (“Custom”) LASIK and PRK laser eye surgery
- Use of iLASIK Procedure- WaveScan Technology, IntraLase, and Visx Advanced CustomVue treatments
- Offers complete refractive surgery care
- Management of complications of surgery for new patients who had problems from a LASIK or other vision correction or cataract surgery procedure performed by another doctor
- Other eye surgeons, optometrists, opticians, employees of companies that specialize in refractive surgery instrumentation or their family members have had their LASIK and other refractive surgeries performed by Dr. Manche
- Dr. Manche’s Patient Testimonials
- Current Faculty Appointments: Stanford University School of Medicine
- Professor of Ophthalmology
- Chairman, Ophthalmology Credentialing Committee
- Board Member- IRB
- Committee Member- Credentialing Committee
- Professional Societies and Organziation Memberhips
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Achievement Award
- International Society of Refractive Surgery
- Past member of Continuing Education Committee
- Past member of Resident and Fellows Committee
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Apex Corneal Society
- Max Fine Corneal Society
- California Ophthalmology Association
- International Society of Refractive Surgery Study Club
- American College of Eye Surgeons
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO)
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Certified by American Board of Ophthalmology (ABO)
- Over 75 peer-reviewed scientific journal articles published
- Over 20 text book chapters and/or text books
- Over 300 National and International lectures and courses on research
topics at major eye meetings
- America’s Top Doctors: Castle Connolly Medical Ltd (2001-2007)
- Top Doctors in the Bay Area: San Francisco Magazine 2005
- America’s Top Ophthalmologists: Consumers’ Research Council of America
- Top Doctors in Silicon Valley: San Jose Magazine 2000-2006
- Best Doctors in America: 2001-2008
- Director of Largest Surgery Centers: San Jose Business Journal 2001-2006
- Top 500 Doctors in the Bay Area: San Francisco Magazine Jan. 2001
- VISX Star Surgeon-Top 50 LASIK Surgeons in the United States 1997-1999
- Rosalind Alcott Fellow, July 7, 1994 to July 6, 1996
- Alfonse Cinotti Award for Academic Excellence, June 1994
- Undergraduate: Binghamton University, B.A. (Chemistry)
- Medical School: Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Residency: UMDNJ- New Jersey Medical School
- Fellowship Training: Jules Stein Eye Institute at UCLA
Dr. Edward E. Manche, MD, is the Director of Cornea and Refractive Surgery at the Stanford Eye Laser Center and Professor of Ophthalmology in the Stanford University School of Medicine. He is a world-renowned expert in laser and surgical techniques for vision correction, and has personally performed over 28,000 laser vision correction procedures. He is recognized as one of the top performing laser vision correction surgeons in the United States. He is honored to be listed in a number of surveys of the best physicians in the United States including: America’s Top Doctors, Best Doctors in America, Top Doctors in Silicon Valley, America’s Top Ophthalmologists, Top 500 Doctors in the Bay Area and Guide to Americas Top Ophthalmologists.
The breadth and depth of his knowledge has brought invitations for lectures throughout both the United States and Internationally. As a visiting assistant professor of ophthalmology at the Jules Stein Eye Institute at UCLA, he devoted two additional years to specialized training and research to laser and refractive surgery and to developing new laser and refractive techniques for correcting nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism. Dr. Manche has performed numerous FDA clinical trials over the years that have contributed to the approval of a variety of new surgical procedures.
Today, Dr. Manche continues to advance the field of refractive surgery as one of the leading ophthalmologists in the United States authorized by the FDA to conduct clinical trials of the Artisan™ implantable contact Lens, the PRL™ Phakic Refractive Lens implantable contact lens and Conductive Keratoplasty for farsightedness.
Call (650) 498-7020 or visit The Stanford Eye Laser Center today for your free LASIK consultation with a trusted expert LASIK eye surgeon and vision care specialist. You now have accurate information and a direct contact to an exceptional surgeon. Dr. Manche is looking forward to meeting with you. You questions and concerns are welcome. Thank you for visiting us at Trusted LASIK Surgeons.
To find a vision correction expert surgeon who has qualified to be listed at Trusted LASIK surgeons in another area, please visit:
The screening process and standards used by Trusted LASIK Surgeons™ can be found at: