St. Louis LASIK Surgeon Dr. Jason P. Brinton, M.D.
Dr. Jason P. Brinton, M.D.
Trusted LASIK Surgeons™
Dr. Jason P. Brinton, MD
- Dr. Brinton is an internationally known and respected refractive surgeon
- Graduate of Harvard College and the Harvard Medical School
- Lectures nationally and internationally on LASIK plus 5 other refractive procedures including Raindrop and SMILE laser vision correction
- One of the most experienced LASIK and refractive surgeons in the country
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology, University of Kansas Medical Center
- FDA Investigator for 9 Clinical Studies on Refractive Surgery
- Editorial Board Member for the global publication, Ocular Surgery News
Dr. Jason P. Brinton treats St. Louis LASIK Surgery patients as well as Raindrop, SMILE, Visian ICL, Kamra inlay, PRK, laser eye surgery, laser vision correction, and refractive and cataract surgery patients from Saint Louis, St. Louis County, St. Charles County, Chesterfield, Columbia, Jefferson City, Washington University, throughout Missouri and Illinois, and from international locations.
Meet Dr. Brinton
To contact Dr. Jason Brinton, please visit the Contact Form for Dr. Jason Brinton
Call or contact Dr. Jason P. Brinton today and mention Trusted LASIK Surgeons. You will visit personally with a true LASIK expert who is a trusted refractive surgery specialist. Dr. Brinton’s exceptional qualifications are listed below. Dr. Brinton provides service to Jefferson Citd and Columbia areas as well.
Dr. Jason Brinton has extensive qualifications that Trusted LASIK Surgeons™ estimates place him in the top 1% of LASIK, laser vision correction and refractive surgeons in the United States.
For your convenience, these credentials and criteria have been grouped by Experience, Premier Patient Care and Credentials. In addition, Dr. Brinton has included some additional career highlights that, while not used by Trusted LASIK Surgeons™ in our screening process, distinguish him as a pioneer in advancing vision correction surgery throughout the world.
Dr. Brinton’s qualifications and credentials as one of the top LASIK surgeons and cataract surgery specialists include:
- First surgeon in the United States to perform SMILE following FDA approval
- First surgeon in the United States to implant the Tecnis ZKB00 IOL for refractive lens exchange (RLE)
- First surgeon in the State of Missouri to implant the Raindrop Near Vision Inlay
- Laser cataract surgeon and doctor in the State of Missouri to perform laser refractive lens exchange (RLE)
- Partner at fourth practice in the nation to acquire the LenSx laser (June 2011)
- Among the most experienced refractive lens exchange surgeons in the United States, performing the #1 most cases in 2013 and #2 most cases in 2014 per Care Credit and Invoegen Surgical data
- Certified to train other refractive surgeons using the latest laser technology
- 2014 Doctor of the Week, Visian ICL Surgeon’s Week, awarded by Staar Surgical
- Dr. Brinton handles challenging and complex vision correction cases for patients having had previous vision correction surgery, including RK and PRK
- Performed thousands of LASIK and other vision correction surgery procedures
- Investigator for 9 FDA clinical studies for manufacturers of lasers and other devices, products, and/or medications related to refractive surgery and general eyecare
- Provider of expert witness services including case review and expert testimony for cases involving the following refractive procedures
- LASIK, PRK laser eye surgery, SMILE, Raindrop, KAMRA inlay, refractive lens exchange, cataract surgery, and intraocular lens (IOL) implant procedures including toric lenses, phakic lenses, monofocal lenses, multifocal lenses, and accommodating lenses
- All-Laser” LASIK (bladeless) or Sub-Bowman Keratomileusis (SBK) using the Wavelight FS200, Zeiss Visumax, and IntraLase lasers
- Wavefront Guided and Wavefront Optimized (“Custom”) LASIK and PRK laser eye surgery
- Use of iLASIK Procedure- WaveScan Technology, IntraLase, and Visx Advanced CustomVue treatments
- Offers complete refractive surgery care
- LASIK and PRK eye surgery
- SMILE Eye Surgery
- Intraocular lens implant surgery (IOLs), Phakic Intraocular Lenses (pIOL) including Visian ICL and Verisyse, Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE) or Dysfunctional Lens Replacement using monofocal lenses, multifocal lenses, accommodating lenses, toric lenses, Symfony, Tecnis multifocal, Crystalens, and other IOLs
- Astigmatic Incisions
- Cataract Surgery (including cataract surgery with lens implants)
- Laser Assisted Cataract Surgery
- Offers Premium Lens Implants (RLE)
- Visian ICL and ASA
- Small Incision Lenticule Extraction (SMILE)
- KAMRA Inlay and Raindrop Near Vision Inlay
- Management of complications of surgery for new patients who had problems and complications from LASIK surgery or another vision correction operation or cataract surgery originally performed by another eye doctor
- Other eye surgeons, optometrists, opticians, employees of companies that specialize in refractive surgery instrumentation or their family members have had their LASIK or other refractive and cataract surgery performed by Dr. Brinton
- Current Faculty Appointments
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology, University of Kansas Medical Center
- Professional Society and Organizations - Membership and Affiliations
- American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO)
- International Society of Refractive Surgery (ISRS)
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS)
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ESCRS)
- International Society of Bilateral Cataract Surgeons (ISBCS)
- Certified by American Board of Ophthalmology
- Certification(s) to Train other LASIK and refractive eye surgeons:
- Alcon Wavelight 400Hz laser: Alcon Wavelight 400Hz laser
- Alcon Wavelight EX500 laser
- Alcon FS200 Femtosecond Laser
- VISX S4 IR laser
- Intralase laser
- Editorial Board: Ocular Surgery News
- Peer reviewer for Ophthalmology, American Journal of Ophthalmology, Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, and Journal of Refractive Surgery
- Nine (9) peer-reviewed scientific journal articles published and sixteen (16) trade journal articles
- Two textbook chapters written
- Over five videos and podcasts on ophthalmology
- Over 32 lectures and presentations on research topics at major eye meetings
- Served on multiple vision correction and other eye related panels at major ophthalmology meetings and served as faculty for multiple courses at major eye meeting
- Premier Surgeon 300 Innovators in Refractive Cataract Surgery, 2016 – awarded by Ocular Surgery News
- Leading Physicians of the World, 2016 – awarded by International Association of Healthcare Professionals
- America’s Top Ophthalmologists, 2015 – awarded by Consumer Research Council of America
- Top Doctors in America, 2015 & 2016 – as recognized by Castle Connolly
- Doctor of the Week, Visian ICL Surgeon’s Week, awarded by Staar Surgical (2014)
- ASCRS Best Paper of Session – awarded by the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (2013)
- ASCRS Resident Excellence Award – 10 residents selected nationwide (2011)
- Arnold P. Gold Humanism Award – 6 residents selected from among 200 candidates 2009 Heed Foundation resident retreat (2010)
- Interviewer for Harvard University Admissions (2007-present)
- Harvard Medical School Office for Diversity and Community Partnership Recognition – for leadership as Director of the Family Van mobile health clinic (2004)
- AMA Foundation Leadership Award (2003)
- Undergraduate: Harvard College (Cambridge, MA)
- B.A. in Slavic Languages and Literatures
- Medical School: Harvard Medical School (Boston, MA)
- Internship: Intermountain Medical Center (Salt Lake City, UT)
- Residency: University of Iowa (Iowa City, IA)
- Fellowship Training: Durrie Vision (Overland Park, KS)
Jason P. Brinton, M.D.
Jason P. Brinton, MD is an internationally recognized specialist in the field of refractive surgery. He is a graduate of Harvard College, earned his medical doctorate from the Harvard Medical School, and is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology.
Dr. Brinton has received numerous awards and distinctions for excellence in ophthalmology, including being inducted to America’s Top Ophthalmologists by the Consumer Research Council of America, the Leading Physicians of the World by the International Association of Healthcare Professionals, and the Top Doctors in America by Castle Connolly. In 2015, he received global recognition as recipient of the Visian ICL Young Ophthalmologist Award in Barcelona, Spain, and in 2016 was named to the Ocular Surgery News Premier Surgeon 300 Innovators in Refractive Cataract Surgery.
After fellowship training in cornea and refractive surgery, Dr. Brinton joined an elite group of approximately a dozen full-time refractive surgeons in the United States who provide cornea-based and lens-based vision correction procedures. He is the only full-time comprehensive refractive surgeon in the State of Missouri, and offers the most advanced, proven technologies for personalized vision correction as part of his St. Louis LASIK practice, including LASIK, Raindrop, ReLex SMILE, Visian ICL, Kamra inlay, and Refractive Lens Exchange. He has performed laser eye surgery and vision correction procedures on patients from 16 countries and 42 states, including professional athletes and fellow eye surgeons who have traveled great distances for Dr. Brinton to correct their own vision.
Dr. Brinton has over 80 scientific publications, abstracts, book chapters, and presentations to his credit in multiple languages and has lectured extensively across the country and globally on refractive surgery topics. He is a regular reviewer for multiple peer-reviewed journals and has reviewed scientific articles for the American Journal of Ophthalmology, the Journal of Refractive Surgery, the European Journal of Ophthalmology, the Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, Ophthalmology, and Cornea. At the annual meeting of the American Academy of Ophthalmology he is a regular course instructor for the class that trains other physicians in LASIK and refractive surgery technique. Dr. Brinton has taught multiple fellows in refractive surgery and is engaged by the manufacturers of five refractive ophthalmic lasers to teach and certify other doctors in their use. He serves as an Associate Faculty Member in Refractive Surgery for Faculty of 1000, a global peer review publisher that assesses the impact of scientific papers in the literature. Dr. Brinton has been an investigator in nine U.S. Food and Drug Administration clinical trials, is an editorial board member for Ocular Surgery News, and sat for a term on the governing board of the New England Journal of Medicine, the only living ophthalmologist to do so.
As a third-generation ophthalmologist, Dr. Brinton grew up witnessing first hand how restoring the gift of sight changed patients’ lives. After serving as a physician in the European Theater of World War II, his grandfather, Sherman S. Brinton, MD, moved with his young family to St. Louis where he became a staff ophthalmologist at Barnes Hospital and faculty member at Washington University in St. Louis. His grandfather subsequently participated in the first cornea transplant in his state. Dr. Brinton’s father, Gregory S. Brinton, MD, is the founding partner of Retina Associates of Utah. Before becoming a refractive surgeon, Dr. Brinton worked as a consultant at the firm McKinsey & Company and served as a White House Intern. Dr. Brinton speaks fluent Russian.
You now have accurate information and a direct contact to an exceptional surgeon. Dr. Jason Brinton and his distinctive staff are looking forward to meeting with you.
To find a vision correction expert surgeon who has qualified to be listed at Trusted LASIK SurgeonsTM in another area, please visit:
The screening process and standards used by Trusted LASIK Surgeons™ can be found at: