Aspen LASIK Surgeon
Dr. Jon Dishler, M.D.
Trusted LASIK Surgeons
Dr. Jon Dishler, M.D.
- Dr. Dishler is an internationally known and respected refractive surgeon.
- Dr. Dishler holds patents on several technologies related to laser vision correction, has performed numerous FDA investigations for many companies including Bausch & Lomb, and Meditech Carl Zeiss.
- Dr. Dishler is actively involved in FDA investigations for future refractive technological advances both within the United States and Germany.
- Dr. Dishleris a lead investigator for Revision Optics implanting the Anamed lens for farsightedness; a consultant for Carl Zeiss and their MEL 80 excimer laser, Visumax femtosecond laser, Zeiss anterior chamber scan, and the ATLAS II topographer.
- Dr. Dishler frequently lectures at national meetings on advances in laser technology, laser vision correction, and corneal topography.
- Patients seek his care from around the world.
Credentials and Qualification
Premier Patient Care
Inventions and Patents
Additional Career Highlights
Website: Dishler Laser Institute
To contact Dr. Dishler's office directly through his contact form, please click here: Contact Dr. Dishler's office
(Please let Dr. Dishler office know you found him through his listing with Trusted LASIK Surgeons)
Direct: (303) 793-3000
Toll Free: (800) 90-LASIK
Dishler Laser Institute
8400 E. Prentice Ave., Suite 1200
Greenwood Village, CO 80111
Serving Denver, Colorado, both US and International Patients.
Dr. Dishler and his excellent staff at Dishler Laser Institute serves patients seeking LASIK in Denver, Aurora, Centennial, Greeley, Fort Collins, and throughout Colorado as well as patients from Cheyenne, Laramie, Casper, and Gillette in Wyoming
Please visit Patient Testimonials for Dr. Jon Dishler to learn what his patients have to say about their experience with Dr. Dishler
Credentials and Qualifications
Dr. Jon G. Dishler has extensive professional qualifications that we estimate place him among the top LASIK and refractive surgeons in the United States.
For your convenience, these credentials and criteria have been grouped by Experience, Patient Care and Credentials. In addition, Dr. Dishler has included some additional career highlights that while not used by Trusted LASIK Surgeons in our screening process, clearly supplement his highly distinguished career.
Dr. Dishler 's qualifications and credentials as one of the top LASIK surgeons include:
- Over 14 years experience in laser vision surgery, including LASIK and PRK
- Over 26 years experience in refractive surgery (laser vision, lens implants and RK)
- Performed over 53,000 LASIK and laser vision procedures
- Principal Investigator for 10 FDA Studies for laser manufacturers such as Bausch Lomb, ReVision Optics, Meditech Carl Zeiss, and the Dishler Excimer Laser
- First laser vision surgeon to perform Automated Lamellar Keratoplasty (ALK) in Colorado
- First laser vision surgeon and only ophthalmologist in Colorado to develop an FDA approved Excimer Laser
- First LASIK surgeon to perform LASIK surgery in Colorado in 1995
- First LASIK surgeon to perform LASIK for farsightedness in Colorado
- First LASIK surgeon to perform 100% All Laser IntraLASIK in Colorado
- First laser vision surgeon to use the Zeiss M.E.L. 80 excimer laser in Colorado
- First laser vision surgeon in North America to use the Zeiss Visumax Femtosecond laser
- First laser vision surgeon in Colorado to perform the FLEX procedure Femtosecond Lenticular Extraction
Premier Patient Care
- Only surgeon in Colorado to use and offer 2 “All-Laser”
LASIK (bladeless) systems: IntraLase and VisuMax
- Use of Wavefront Based (“Custom”) LASIK and PRK
- Offers additional refractive surgery options, including LASIK, other laser eye surgery procedures and Conductive Keratoplasty (CK)
- All surgical procedures performed in a state certified ambulatory surgery center
- Management of complications of surgery for new patients who had problems from a LASIK or other vision correction procedure performed by another doctor
- Other eye surgeons, optometrists, opticians, employees of companies that specialize in refractive surgery instrumentation or their family members have had their LASIK and other refractive surgeries performed by Dr. Dishler
- Kim Brownfield O.D, (since 2001) and Meagan Petraitis OD (since 2008) are on staff optometrists. Dr. Brownfield had LASIK performed by Dr. Dishler in 2001 ·
- Dishler Laser Institute has a network of Affiliated Doctors that specialize in the care and management of refractive patients. Over a dozen referring doctors have had surgery performed by Dr. Dishler.
- Patient Testimonials: To learn what his patients have to say about their laser eye surgery experience with Dr. Dishler please visit Patient Testimonials for Dr. Jon Dishler
- Dr. Dishler regularly works with other eye doctors from the Denver area and other cities throughout Colorado, as well as nearby states such as Wyoming, Nebraska, and Kansas. To find an optometrist near you who works with Dr. Dishler, please visit:
- Current Faculty Appointments: Adjunct Professor, Illinois College of Optometry
- Past Faculty Appointments: Clinical Instructor, University of Colorado, Department of Ophthalmology
- Hospital Staff Appointments
- DTC Eye Surgery Center - Dishler Laser Institute, 8400 E Prentice Ave #1200, Greenwood Village, CO 80111
- Presbyterian/St. Luke's Hospital, 601 E 19th St, Denver, CO 80203
- Littleton Hospital, 7720 S Broadway, Englewood, CO 80113
- Swedish Medical Center, 501 E Hampden Ave, Littleton, CO 80122
- Porter Adventist Hospital, 2525 S Downing, Denver, CO 80210
- Professional Society and Organizations (Membership and Affiliations)
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- International Society of Refractive Surgery
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- American Medical Society
- Colorado Medical Society
- Colorado Ophthalmology Society
- American College of Surgeons -Member and Fellow
- Colorado Optometric Association -Allied member
- American Academy of Surgeons, Fellow
- Certified by American Board of Ophthalmology
- Consulting Positions (for companies that develop lasers and other ophthalmic products)
- Carl Zeiss Meditec
- Revision Optics
- Trains surgeons in use of VisuMax FS laser and MEL 80 excimer laser. Over
- 10 peer-reviewed and non-peer reviewed scientific journal articles published. Recent articles written by Dr. Dishler include:
- Easier Patient Selection in Refractive Surgery; Jon G. Dishler MD Cataract & Refractive Surgery Today September 2008 pg 11-13
- Presbyopic Intracorneal Inlay: Jon Dishler MD, FACS, Video Journal of Ophthalmology First Quarter 2008, Media Mill Inc. www.vjop.com
- MEL 80 Clinical Results Key to FDA Clearance for Myopia and Hyperopia; Jon Dishler MD, Visions USA; The Magazine from Carl Zeiss Meditec, Winter/Spring 2007 Pg 20-22
- Post-Lasik Dry Eye; Jon G. Dishler MD, FACS; Cataract & Refractive Surgery Today, May 2006 pg 93-94
- All- Laser LASIK: Is It What Patients Have Been Waiting For? Jon G. Dishler, MD FACS Refractive EyeCare for Ophthalmologists, January 2002 Volume 6, Number 1
- Over 20 lectures on research topics at major eye meetings
Inventions and Patents
Dr. Dishler has several inventions in the field of ophthalmology to his credit, including:
- The Dishler Excimer Laser, FDA approved
- Excimer Beam Profiler
- Dishler LASIK Cannula
- Insertion System for Corneal Implants
- Surgical visual feedback and eye fixation method and apparatus
Additional Career Highlights
- Luminaries Award- October 2005 presented in appreciation to Dr. Dishler as a major contributor to IntraLase Corporation
- Clarity Award- 2002- In appreciation of Leadership and Experience Wavefront Symposium presented by Bausch & Lomb
- Principal investigator for Multiple FDA Clinical trials for excimer and femtosecond lasers 1996-Present
- Charities or Volunteer Activities: Research to Prevent Blindness-Ophthalmological Associate – Present
- Undergraduate: Bachelor of Art in Biology with Distinction, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO
- Medical School: M.D., University of Colorado Medical School, Denver, CO
- Internship: Internal Medicine, Presbyterian Medical Center, Denver, CO
- Residency: Department of Ophthalmology, University of Texas, Galveston, TX
Jon G. Dishler, M.D., FACS, is a board certified ophthalmologist and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (F. A. C. S.). He graduated from the University of Colorado Medical School in 1978 and completed his residency at the University of Texas in 1982. Dr. Dishler began practicing eye surgery in Denver in 1982. In 1985, Dr. Dishler moved into our current facility, which was one of Colorado's first state certified ambulatory surgery centers. In 1992 Dr. Dishler was the first in Colorado and one of only 5 surgeons in the country to use the Automated Microkeratome to perform automated lamellar keratoplasty (ALK), which was the precursor to the LASIK procedure. By April 1995, Dr. Dishler became the first surgeon in Colorado and one of the first in the country to perform LASIK. Since then he has devoted his practice solely to refractive surgery and has performed well over 45,000 LASIK procedures. In 2001 he was the third doctor in the country and first in Colorado to introduce IntraLASIK, the laser flap maker and as an investigator helped improve its design.
Dr. Dishler is an internationally known and respected refractive surgeon. He holds patents on several technologies related to laser vision correction, has performed numerous FDA investigations for many companies including Bausch & Lomb, and Meditech Carl Zeiss. He remains actively involved in FDA investigations for future refractive technological advances both within the United States and Germany. Currently, he is a lead investigator for Revision Optics implanting the Anamed lens for farsightedness; a consultant for Carl Zeiss and their MEL 80 excimer laser, Visumax femtosecond laser, Zeiss anterior chamber scan, and the ATLAS II topographer. He frequently lectures at national meetings on advances in laser technology, laser vision correction, and corneal topography. Patients seek his care from around the world.
View Denver LASIK Eye Surgeon Jon G. Dishler Curriculum Vitae
Call (303) 793-3000 or visit Dishler Laser Institute today for a trusted expert LASIK eye surgeon and vision care specialist. You now have accurate information and a direct contact to an exceptional surgeon. Dr. Dishler his exceptional staff are looking forward to meeting with you. You questions and concerns are welcome. Thank you for visiting us at Trusted LASIK Surgeons.
Thank you for visiting us at Trusted LASIK Surgeons™.
To find a vision correction expert surgeon who has qualified to be listed at Trusted LASIK surgeons in another area, please visit:
Find a Trusted LASIK Eye SurgeFind a Trusted LASIK Eye Surgeon™
The screening process and standards used by Trusted LASIK Surgeons™ can be found at:
How Are Lasik Eye Surgeons Qualified at Trusted Lasik Surgeons™?