Kansas LASIK Surgeon
Dr. Jason Stahl, M.D.
Trusted LASIK Surgeons
Dr. Jason Stahl, M.D.
Assistant Clinical Professor of Ophthalmology, Kansas University Medical Center
Dr. Jason Stahl specializes in lens implant surgery and refractive surgery to correct nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism.
Dr. Stahl is a reviewer for the Journal of Refractive Surgery, Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, American Journal of Ophthalmology, Cornea, and European Journal of Ophthalmology
Dr. Jason Stahl has presented over 70 lectures on research topics at major eye meetings and tought over 30 instructional courses.
Website: Durrie Vision of Kansas City
5520 College Boulevard, Suite 201
Overland Park, Kansas 66211
Call today for your free LASIK consultation with a true LASIK and cataract surgery expert who is a trusted eye surgeon and vision care specialist. Dr. Stahl’s exceptional qualifications are listed below.
Overland Park, Leawood, Shawnee, Grandview and Lenexa. Kansas, US and international patients.
Special discount* on LASIK and other elective surgery procedures offered by Dr. Sthal to members of U.S. military, local police and fire departments and certain family members. For more info, please contact the surgeon’s office directly and mention Trusted LASIK Surgeons.
Dr. Jason Stahl has extensive qualifications that we estimate put him among the top 1% of LASIK Laser eye, lens implants, and cataract surgeons in the United States.
For your convenience, these credentials and criteria have been grouped by Experience, Patient Care and Credentials. In addition, Dr. Stahl has included some additional career highlights that while not used by Trusted LASIK Surgeons in our screening process, clearly supplement his highly distinguished career.
Dr. Stahl’s qualifications and credentials as one of the top LASIK surgeons include:
- Over 9 years experience in laser vision surgery, including LASIK and PRK
- Over 9 years experience in refractive surgery (laser vision correction, lens implants and CK)
- Over 12 years experience in cataract surgery (including cataract surgery with lens implants)
- Performed over 5,000 LASIK and laser vision procedures
- Performed over 500 phakic lens implant (IOL) procedures for high myopia
- Performed over 4,000 cataract surgery procedures (including lens implant procedures)
- Investigator for 15 FDA studies involving lasers and lens implants (IOL). FDA clinical trials include:
- IOL Implant studies for AMO Veriflex Phakic IOL Myopia Study
- Alcon AcrySof Phakic IOL Myopia Study
- Acufocus Presbyopia Study
- Refractec Conductive Keratoplasty Presbyopia Study
- Refractec Conductive Keratoplasty Light Touch Study
- Refractec Conductive Keratoplasty over LASIK Study
- Bausch & Lomb Technolas 217 Zyoptix (customized treatment) Excimer Laser LASIK Study
- Alcon/Summit/Autonomous LADARVision Excimer Laser CustomCornea Study
- NIDEK EC5000 Excimer Laser Hyperopia & Hyperopia with Astigmatism Study
- Bausch & Lomb Technolas 217 Excimer Laser Hyperopia & Hyperopia with Astigmatism StudyRefractec Conductive Keratoplasty Hyperopia Study
- Summit Excimer Laser Retreatment Study
- Artisan Phakic IOL Myopia Study
- Artisan Phakic IOL Hyperopia Study
- KeraVision Intacs Myopia Study
- “All-Laser” LASIK (bladeless) using the IntraLase laser
- Wavefront Based (“Custom”) LASIK and PRK laser eye surgery
- Use of iLASIK Procedure- WaveScan Technology, IntraLase, and Visx Advanced CustomVue treatments
- Offers complete refractive surgery care
- LASIK and PRKlaser eye surgery
- Intraocular lens implant surgery (IOLs) including Refractive Lensectomy (RLE) or Clear Lensectomy (CLE) using:monofocal lenses, multifocal lenses, and accommodating lenses, as well as phakic implants and toric implants
- Corneal Transplants
- Conductive Keratoplasty (CK) and Limbal Relaxing Incisions
- Cataract Eye Surgery (including cataract surgery with lens implants)
- Management of complications of surgery for new patients who had problems from a LASIK or other vision correction procedure performed by another doctor
- Other eye surgeons, optometrists, opticians, employees of companies that specialize in refractive surgery or their family members have chosen Dr. Stahl to perform LASIK or another refractive or cataract surgery.
- Current Faculty Appointments: Assistant Clinical Professor of Ophthalmology, Kansas University Medical Center
- Hospital Affiliations:
- Membership in Professional Societies and Organizations
- Fellow, American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Achievement Award
- International Society of Refractive Surgery
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Kansas City Society of Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology
- Fellow, American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Board Certified: American Board of Ophthalmology
- Associate Editor for the Journal of Refractive Surgery
- Reviewer for peer-reviewed ophthalmic journals including the following:
- Ophthalmology, Journal of Refractive Surgery, Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, American Journal of Ophthalmology, Cornea, and European Journal of Ophthalmology
- Over 10 peer-reviewed scientific journal articles published
- Treating Astigmatism with Conductive Keratoplasty in A Complete Surgical Guide for Correcting Astigmatism: An Ophthalmic Manifesto, James P. Gills, MD, Slack Incorporated, Thorofore, NJ, 2003
- Complications of Hyperopic PRK in Surgery for Hyperopia, Neal A Sher, MD, FACS, Slack Incorporated, Thorofore, NJ, 2003
- Conductive Keratoplasty for Plano Presbyopes in Conductive Keratoplasty: A Primer, Pinelli R and Pascucci S, Slack Incorporated, Thorofore, NJ, 2005
- Conductive Keratoplasty for Postsurgical Enhancement of Presbyopic Patients in Conductive Keratoplasty: A Primer, Pinelli R, Pascucci S, Slack Incorporated, Thorofore, NJ, 2005
- My Approach to Astigmatism in Presbyopia-Correcting Intraocular Lens Patients in Transitioning to Refractive IOLs – the Art and Science, David Chang, MD, et al. Slack Incorporated, Thorofore, NJ, 2008
- Intacs for the Treatment of Keratoconus and Keratoectasia in Keratoconus and Keratoectasia – Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment, Ming Wang, MD, Slack Incorporated, Thorofore, NJ, 2009.
- Over 70 lectures on research topics at major eye meetings and over 30 instructional courses taught. Recent lecturer include:
- American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgery, San Francisco, CA., April 2009.
- Comparison of Bilateral Crystalens HD and Other Presbyopia-Correcting
IOLCombinations and Pseudophakic Monovision in RLE.
- Pentacam and Premium IOL Practice.
- Quality of Life and Functional Status Assessment After Implantation of AcrySof Phakic Angle-Supported IOL.
- Società Oftalmologica Italiana, Rome, Italy, May 2009
- Comparison of Bilateral Crystalens HD and Other Presbyopia-Correcting IOLCombinations and Pseudophakic Monovision in RLE.
- Customizing Femtosecond Laser Flaps with the Intralase iFS for Optimal Visual and Biomechanical Outcomes
- Ocular Surgery News Symposium New York, New York, NY, September 2009
- Optimizing Refractive Lens Surgery
- Acufocus Intracorneal Inlay
- American Academy of Ophthalmology/International Society of Refractive Surgery Annual Meeting, San Francisco, CA., Oct. 2009
- Safety Concerns of Anterior Chamber Phakic IOLs
- Initial Experience With New "Heads Up" Cataract Surgery via High-Definition, 3D Surgical Visualization System – Poster
- Comparing Refractive Outcomes and Enhancement Rates for Crystalens HD and Aspheric IOLs
- Advanced Surface Ablation
- Laser Vision Correction: Patient Selection and Preoperative Considerations
- Ingram’s Magazine - 40 Under Forty (2009)
- American Academy of Ophthalmology Achievement Award (2007)
- Third Place-Best Paper: "Alcon CustomCornea PRK Clinical Results" 2002 Fall World Refractive Surgery Symposium, Orlando, Florida (2002)
- First Place-Best Paper: "How to Manage Epithelial Trauma During LASIK."
World Refractive Surgery Symposium, Dallas, Texas (2000)
- First Place-Best Paper: "Induced Astigmatism with Hyperopic LASIK: The Cause and the Cure." World Refractive Surgery Symposium, Dallas, Texas (2000)
Dr. Jason Stahl specializes in lens implant surgery and refractive surgery to correct nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism. A board-certified ophthalmologist and member of the American Board of Ophthalmology, Dr. Stahl earned his medical doctorate, graduating with honors, and completed his internship at the University of South Dakota School of Medicine. He continued his training with a three-year ophthalmology residency at Scott & White Hospital at Texas A & M University, where he was named chief resident. Following completion of his residency, Dr. Stahl completed a one-year fellowship in refractive surgery with Daniel S. Durrie, M.D. at Hunkeler Eye Centers in Kansas City.
Dr. Stahl joined Durrie Vision in 2003, a premier ophthalmology practice in the heart of the country. Durrie Vision, located in Overland Park, Kansas, is a leading eye care center in the country. Durrie Vision offers a sophisticated research center, a state-of-the-art clinical diagnosis treatment facility, and a leading laser and surgical vision correction component. Dr. Stahl heads up the refractive lens department, providing care and improved vision with refractive lens exchange surgery for patients with early cataracts, cataract surgery for patients with cataracts and phakic intraocular lens surgery for nearsighted (myopic) patients who are not candidates for LASIK or other refractive procedures.
Dr. Stahl has been active in ophthalmic research and has played significant investigator roles during numerous FDA clinical trials. Dr. Stahl lectures at international meetings on cataract and refractive surgery and his work has been published in professional medical journals. In addition, Dr. Stahl has been a patient himself, having undergone laser vision correction surgery in 2001.
Dr. Stahl is active in a number of professional organizations including the American Academy of Ophthalmology, the International Society of Refractive Surgery and the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery.
Dr. Stahl enjoys spending time with his wife, Erin, and his sons, Christian and Joshua, as well as playing golf and reading presidential biographies.
To find a vision correction expert surgeon who has qualified to be listed at Trusted LASIK surgeons in another area, please visit:
The screening process and standards used by Trusted LASIK Surgeons™ can be found at: