At www.trustedLASIKsurgeons.com (the “Trusted LASIK Surgeons Website”), we take your privacy very seriously. We have drafted this privacy statement (the “Privacy Statement”) concerning this Trusted LASIK Surgeons Website to explain what information we collect, how that information is collected, and how it is used as well as to demonstrate our commitment to protecting your privacy and any personally identifiable information you share with us. This website, www.TrustedLASIKSurgeons.com is owned and operated by the Preferred Doctors Network d/b/a Trusted LASIK Surgeons (the “Trusted LASIK Surgeons ”, “we”, “us”, “our”). As a general matter, we do not knowingly share any personally identifiable information in our control with any third party without your consent. When you visit our Trusted LASIK Surgeons Website, there is no requirement that you provide us with your personal information. However, if you wish to take advantage of services that we offer, you will need to voluntarily provide us with certain personal information to fulfill your request.
This Privacy Statement sets forth the following:
- What Personally Identifiable Information is collected from you from the Trusted LASIK Surgeons Website
- How any Personally Identifiable Information will be used
- Whether Personally Identifiable Information is shared with third parties
- The use of any tracking technology
- Whether Personally Identifiable Information is supplemented with information from other sources
- Choice options available to visitors of our website
- How you can access and correct Personally Identifiable Information you have provided
- What security measures the Trusted LASIK Surgeons Website has in place
- Procedures for filing and addressing consumer complaints
Information We Collect
Account Information. We create an account (the “User Account”) that is based upon personal information you provide at registration. . IP Address. We also collect the IP address of all visitors to the site.
Emails to the Trusted LASIK Surgeons Website. In the event you email us, we do collect any information contained in your email, including your email address and the contents of your message.
How We Collect Information
- Personal Information Provided By You: We collect information when you register to create a User Account. This information includes, for example, your username, your name, email address, birth date, zip code, and other demographic data about you. You may later modify your account information. We also collect information that you provide to us for other services, like referring a friend to the website or sending a report or other service to a friend. In the event you ask us to email a friend about the Trusted LASIK Surgeons Website or forward information to a friend, we collect in the name and email address of your friend in order to fulfill your request.
- Collection of IP Address: We record the IP address of every visit to our site. An IP address is a unique number assigned to the portal through which a computer accesses the Internet. It does not contain any personally identifying information and will not be linked to your Membership Profile
Use and Access of Information
- We may aggregate information from your User Account into anonymous summaries of information for research purposes and to use for internal and outside marketing purposes. We do not knowingly share personally identifiable information that would identify you individually without your consent. You acknowledge and agree that if you utilize features available on the Trusted LASIK Surgeons Website, such as contact forms for third parties (such as a doctor), that you are giving your consent to share your personally identifiable information with that third party. For example, we use the personally identifiable information you submit on our contact forms to fulfill your request, including for example, to put you in touch with a doctor or other third party service provider. In our discretion, we may either file these forms and the information contained supplied by you or discard them.
- We use email links located in this Privacy Statement and on the “Contact Us” page of this website to allow you to contact us directly with any questions or comments that you may have. We read every message sent to us and try to reply promptly to every one. Any information contained in your email will be used to respond directly to your questions or comments. In our discretion, we may also file your comments for our administrative purposes, or review, and discard the information.
- We use your personal information to manage your User Account for services you have selected. Our employees and other parties acting on our behalf may have access to your information on a need-to-know basis. We may also use aggregate data from all User Accounts for promotional, business development, market research, and other general business purposes. Data is aggregated and summarized anonymously, so your personally identifiable information (such as your name, street address or phone number) is not included.
- We use your IP Address for systems administration and business reporting purposes to create aggregate information on all visits to our website.
- We may use information provided by cookies and the IP Address to understand general traffic flow of visitors to and from and within the Trusted LASIK Surgeons Website and aggregate that information into summaries. For example, we may aggregate the visits to the Trusted LASIK Surgeons Website and summarize that 30% of visitors to the Trusted LASIK Surgeons Website went to a certain page this month.
- We may use the information provided by you to “refer a friend” to our website or send or forward the contents of page of our website via email to that party
- Based on the information you have provided us, we also may use the personal information you provide to us to send you information or offers that we believe may be of interest to you, based on your information, including newsletters, information about new medical breakthroughs and other items. You may opt out of receiving this information by Email us at [email protected]
- We may share your information with third parties where we are required to do so by law or where necessary to protect our interests. We may share your information without prior notice to you where required by law.
Changing My Information
It is your responsibility to make sure that the information you provide us is correct, and to notify us of any changes. If at any time you want to view, correct, or change the information you have provided in your User Account, you can do so by logging into your User Account at the Trusted LASIK Surgeons Website (www.trustedLASIKsurgeons.com). You may opt-in to any of subscriptions for free reports or newsletters offered by our company.
Canceling My Membership and Deleting My Information
Security is one of the most important features of the Trusted LASIK Surgeons Website and any services offered through the Trusted LASIK Surgeons Website. We require all of our employees with access to the Trusted LASIK Surgeons Website to agree in writing to follow the provisions of this Privacy Statement. We limit access to personal information in your User Accounts to those employees who have a legitimate business reason for such access. Access by our employees to personal information is controlled by the use of individual employee passwords. Our website employs SSL, an open, non-proprietary protocol and is perhaps the most common way of providing encrypted transmission of data between web browsers and web servers (HTTP-S is the runner up). Built upon private key encryption technology, SSL provides data encryption, server authentication, message integrity, and client authentication for any TCP/IP connection. For our purposes, SSL provides these services and protects the information between SSL-enabled browsers that users typically use (like you) and the SSL-enabled servers (that are utilized by our website hosting service provider). We use SSL encryption technologies to help secure your online communications. We conduct regular reviews of our security measures, and we always looking for ways to further protect any personally identifiable information that you have provided to us.
We also use passwords to protect access to your User Account. To protect your User Account information, you should not share your username or password with anyone. Although we make it a high priority to safeguard the security of your personal information, transmissions made by means of the Internet cannot be made absolutely secure. We assume no liability for disclosure of data due to errors in transmission or the unauthorized acts of third parties.
Our Policy for Children Under the Age of 18
We feel strongly about protecting the privacy of children. Although there is no content on this Trusted LASIK Surgeons Website that should cause any parent concern, this Trusted LASIK Surgeons Website is not intended for children under the age of eighteen. We will not collect or use any personal information from children we know to be under the age of eighteen, and will remove from our system any personal information from User Accounts we find out to be from children under the age of eighteen.
Acceptance of Our Privacy Statement
By creating a User Account, or by visiting the Trusted LASIK Surgeons Website or using any services, you signify your acceptance of this Privacy Statement. We reserve the right to add to, delete from, update, modify or otherwise change this Privacy Statement at any time, and will notify you of such modifications or will post the modified version of the Privacy Statement on the Trusted LASIK Surgeons Website. Your continued use of any portion of the Trusted LASIK Surgeons Website or services following such notification or posting will constitute your acceptance of those modifications.
3rd Party Advertising Service
We may work with third party advertising networks to serve ads through the Trusted LASIK Surgeons Website. These advertising networks may try to place cookies on your computer. You can usually "Opt Out" of these advertising networks through your browser or by going to the respective website of the advertising network.
Links to Third Party Websites
Questions or Concerns Regarding Our Privacy Statement
If you have questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Statement, please contact us by email at [email protected] so that we may address them as promptly as possible.
To find a vision correction expert surgeon who has qualified to be listed at Trusted LASIK surgeons in another area, please visit:
The screening process and standards used by Trusted LASIK Surgeons™ can be found at: