Dr. Jonathan Davidorf has extensive qualifications that Trusted LASIK SurgeonsTM estimates place him among the top 1% of LASIK, laser eye surgery, refractive, and cataract surgery, and vision correction experts in the United States.
For your convenience, these credentials and criteria have been grouped by Experience, Patient Care and Credentials. In addition, Dr. Davidorf has included some additional career highlights that while not used by Trusted LASIK Surgeons in our screening process, clearly supplement his highly distinguished career.
Dr. Davidorf’s exceptional and extensive qualifications and credentials as one of the top LASIK, cataract and refractive surgeon include:
- First LASIK surgeon in California to perform LASIK for farsightedness (hyperopia).
- Among the first cataract surgeons to offer Laser-Assisted Cataract Surgery in the United States
- Author of first LASIK textbook: LASIK: A Guide to Laser Vision Correction.
- Co-Author of "LASIK: a Guide to Laser Vision Correction" (for consumers)
- Over 27 years experience in laser vision surgery, including LASIK.
- Over 30 years in refractive surgery (laser vision, lens implants and RK).
- Performed over 15,000 LASIK and laser vision procedures.
- Performed over 20,000 cataract surgery procedures, including lens implants (IOLs).
- Performed over 500 corneal transplant surgery procedures.
- Performed over 500 EVO ICL surgery procedures.
- Principal investigator for 16 FDA studies as well as co-investigator for 5 other studies. Recent FDA approval studies include:
- New Phakic IOL Technology.
- New Accommodating IOL (presbyopia lens implant) Technology.
- Leading Innovator in the field of premium refractive cataract surgery by Ocular Surgery News in 2016 and selected as one of the 10 Best Corrective Eye Surgeons for California in 2017.
- Published first papers (journal articles) on Bioptics vision correction (combined LASIK and Implantable Contact Lenses).
- Refractive and Cataract Surgery Expert Witness: Over 30 years experience providing expert witness services on behalf of plaintiffs and defendants, including over 50 cases reviewed and over 30 cases where Dr. Davidorf provided expert testimony for cases involving the following refractive and cataract eye surgery procedures.
Jonathan M. Davidorf, M.D., is a board-certified ophthalmologist and Director of the Davidorf Eye Group in West Hills, California, where he specializes in laser vision correction and lens implant surgery. He is an assistant clinical professor at UCLA’s Jules Stein Eye Institute and has served as Director of Surgeon Training for Refractec, Inc., Chief Ophthalmologist for the Women’s World Cup, and Co-Director of Friends of Vision Foundation, a nonprofit organization that provides medical and surgical ophthalmologic care to underdeveloped nations. Dr. Davidorf was an Academic All-American at the University of California, Berkeley; he continued his training at the University of California, San Diego, UCLA, and Ohio State University. He completed an international fellowship in refractive surgery in South America, where he researched and helped develop LASIK and other refractive surgery techniques, several years before their approval in the United States.
Among his publications are the definitive scientific papers on implantable contact lenses and Bioptics vision correction surgery and pioneering work on pediatric LASIK. Dr. Davidorf is also co-author of LASIK: Principles and Techniques, the first medical textbook on LASIK. He has served as investigator for many clinical trials, including the investigations that led to FDA approval of LASIK. In 1999, Dr. Davidorf received recognition from the International Society of Refractive Surgery for best research by a vision scientist.
Dr. Davidorf has delivered award-winning presentations to national and international audiences on the subject of refractive surgery and continues to train other ophthalmologists on advanced surgical techniques. His course, “Emerging Technologies in Cataract and Refractive Surgery,” is attended by ophthalmologists and surgeons from around the world. He is a lecturer and course director for the American Academy of Ophthalmology, the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, and the International Society of Refractive Surgery. Ophthalmologist, Dr. Davidorf received Bausch & Lomb’s Clarity Award in 2003 for his leadership and experience with Wavefront technology, and was selected as one of “America’s Top Ophthalmologists” by the Consumers’ Research Council of America in 2004. His media appearances include news telecasts for ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX. He has also been interviewed for numerous radio programs and has been featured in newspaper and magazine articles coast to coast.
Call Davidorf Eye Group today at (818) 883-0112, Schedule an Appointment with Dr. Davidorf, or fill out the Online Contact form for Davidorf Eye Group to schedule a laser vision correction, refractive surgery procedure, or cataract surgery consultation today.
Dr. Davidorf is looking forward to meeting with you. Please let Dr. Davidorf know you found him through Trusted LASIK SurgeonsTM..
Thank you for visiting us at Trusted LASIK SurgeonsTM.
To find a vision correction expert surgeon who has qualified to be listed at Trusted LASIK SurgeonsTM and Trusted Cataract SurgeonsTM in another area, please visit:
Find a Trusted LASIK Surgeon™
Find a Trusted Cataract Surgeon™
The screening process and standards used by Trusted LASIK Surgeons™ can be found at: How Are LASIK and Cataract Surgeons Qualified at Trusted LASIK Surgeons?