Harrisburg LASIK Surgeon
Dr. Bennett Chotiner, MD, F.A.C.S.
Trusted LASIK Surgeons
Dr. Bennett Chotiner, MD, F.A.C.S.
Dr. Chotiner is Founder and Director of the highly regarded Memorial Eye Institute (PA)
Dr. Bennet Chotiner is Clinical Associate Professor of Surgery of Ophthalmology, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
In 1994, Dr. Chotiner established the Laser Vision Center at Memorial Eye Institute where he performed the first refractive laser procedure in Central Pennsylvania.
Harrisburg Magazine 2008 Readers’ Poll has judged Memorial Eye Institute to be “Simply the Best” LASIK facility.
Dr. Bennit Chotiner is a nationally recognized leader in out patient Laser surgery and was a Clinical Instructor in Ophthalmology University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Hospitals
Phone: (717) 657-2020
Camp Hill office
Phone: (717) 975-2015
Toll Free:(800) 382-2020
Memorial Eye Institute- Harrisburg
4100 Linglestown Road
Harrisburg, PA 17112
Memorial Eye Institute- Camp Hill
4407 Carlisle Pike
Camp Hill, PA 17011
Call Dr. Chotiner today and mention Trusted LASIK Surgeons for your free LASIK consultation with a true LASIK & Cataract expert who is a trusted eye surgeon and vision care specialist. Dr. Chotiner's exceptional qualifications are listed below.
To contact Dr. Chotiner's office directly through his contact form, please click here: Contact Dr. Bennett Chotiner
Please include Dr. Chotiner’s name in the comments section and let him know you found him through his Trusted LASIK Surgeons listing
Bennett Chotiner, MD, FACS, has extensive qualifications that that we estimate place him among the top LASIK and laser eye surgery, cataract surgery, and refractive surgeons in the United States.
For your convenience, these credentials and criteria have been grouped by Experience, Patient Care and Credentials. In addition, Dr. Chotiner has included some additional career highlights that while not used by Trusted LASIK Surgeons in our screening process, clearly supplement his highly distinguished career.
Dr. Chotiner’s qualifications and credentials as one of the top LASIK surgeons include:
- Over 13 years experience in laser vision surgery, including LASIK and PRK
- Over 27 years experience in refractive surgery (laser vision, lens implants and RK)
- Performed over 5,000 LASIK and laser vision procedures
- Principal Investigator for over 5 FDA Studies for laser manufacturers, lens implants and other ophthalmic products
- Over 30 years experience in cataract surgery
- Performed over 30,000 cataract procedures
- First refractive surgeon to perform laser eye surgery in Pennsylvania
- Pioneered laser vision correction in central Pennsylvania
- Refractive and Cataract Surgery Expert Witness: Over 25 years of experience in providing expert witness services on behalf of defendants, including review and expert testimony for cases involving the refractive and cataract eye surgery procedures:
- Available to provide expert testimony and case review for: LASIK, laser eye surgery, cataract surgery, intraocular lens (IOL) implant procedures, including phakic lenses, monofocal lenses, and accommodating lenses
Premier Patient Care
- Use of Intralase system for “All-Laser” or “Bladeless” LASIK
- Use of Wavefront Based (“Custom”) LASIK and PRK
- Offers complete refractive surgery care, including LASIK, PRK, RLE / CLE, CK (Conductive Keratoplasty), Phakic Implants, Limbal Relaxing Incisions, and cataract lens implants procedures
- Management of complications of surgery for new patients who had problems from a LASIK or other vision correction procedure performed by another doctor
- Other eye surgeons, optometrists, opticians, employees of companies that specialize in refractive surgery instrumentation or their family members have had their LASIK and other refractive surgeries performed by Dr. Chotiner
- Current University Faculty Appointments:
- Past Faculty Appointments:
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Hospitals, Clinical Instructor in Ophthalmology
- Hospital Appointments
- Professional Society and Organizations (Membership and Affiliations)
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- International Society of Refractive Surgery
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- American College of Eye Surgeons
- Outpatient Ophthalmic Surgery Society
- American Medical Association
- Pennsylvania Academy of Ophthalmology
- Dauphin County Medical Society
- Pennsylvania Medical Society
- Pennsylvania Ambulatory Surgery Association
- Federated Ambulatory Surgery Association
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Certified by American Board of Ophthalmology
- Consulting Positions
- Consultant for Alcon (laser eye surgery and ophthalmic products manufacturer)
- Maintains training site for WaveLight laser used in refractive eye surgery
- Over 5 peer-reviewed scientific journal articles as well as other non-peer reviewed articles published
- Over 2 textbook chapters and/or textbooks published
- Over 5 lectures on research topics at major eye meetings as well as numerous lectures at local and regional meetings
- Judged Memorial Eye Institute to be “Simply the Best” LASIK in 2008 Readers’ Poll by Harrisburg MagazineHarrisburg Magazine
- World Surgical Foundation, Board of Directors
- Harrisburg University for Science and Technology, Board of Directors
- Undergraduate: Kenyon College
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Medical School: Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania
- Internship: Harrisburg Hospital
- Residency in Ophthalmology:
- Fellowship Training: University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Hospitals
Bennett Chotiner, M.D., F.A.C.S., is the founder and medical director of Memorial Eye Institute. A noted innovator, in 1977 he established his clinical practice, the Pennsylvania Eye Associates. In 1984, he established the Pennsylvania Eye Surgery Center, Pennsylvania’s first fully approved freestanding ophthalmic surgery center. He pioneered outpatient ophthalmic surgery in Pennsylvania and is a recognized leader in this field.
Dr. Chotiner is widely recognized as the leading and most experienced LASIK surgeon in Central Pennsylvania. He has been performing refractive surgery since 1981. In 1994, Dr. Chotiner established the Laser Vision Center at Memorial Eye Institute where he performed the first refractive laser procedure in Central Pennsylvania. He has been performing LASIK since 1996 and has been selected as a clinical investigator for several national LASIK studies. Harrisburg Magazine 2008 Readers’ Poll has judged Memorial Eye Institute to be “Simply the Best” LASIK facility.
Dr.Chotiner’s scientific articles and papers have appeared in numerous professional medical publications. He is an avid film and video enthusiast, and has produced and directed several documentary films and videos.
Dr. Chotiner is a Clinical Associate Professor of Ophthalmology at The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine and is active in both the medical and ophthalmic surgery specialty communities including American Academy of Ophthalmology, the Pennsylvania Academy of Ophthalmology, the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, the International Society of Refractive Surgery,the American College of Surgeons, American College of Eye Surgeons, and numerous local and state medical organizations.
Dr. Chotiner is certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and is a Fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology and the American College of Surgeons. He is a Phi Beta Kappa graduate of Kenyon College. He received his Doctor of Medicine degree from the Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine in Hershey. He completed his residency and fellowship in Ophthalmology at the Eye and Ear Hospital in Pittsburgh and the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Hospitals, where he was a Clinical Instructor in Ophthalmology. Dr. Chotiner and his wife reside in Harrisburg and have three grown children.
Memorial Eye Institute, the facility that houses both the practice and surgery center, is dedicated to the memory of Dr. Chotiner’s father. As part of its commitment to the Central Pennsylvania Region, Memorial Eye Institute is proud to have Dr. Chotiner’s son Erik as one of its corneal, cataract, and refractive surgical specialists. Dr. Erik Chotiner is a Phi Beta Kappa graduate of Franklin and Marshall College and received his medical degree from Jefferson Medical School in Philadelphia. He completed his Ophthalmology residency and fellowship at Temple University Hospitals in Philadelphia and the University of California Hospitals in San Diego.
View Harrisburg LASIK Eye Surgeon Bennett Chotiner Curriculum Vitae
Call (717) 657-2020 today for your free LASIK consultation with a trusted expert LASIK eye surgeon and vision care specialist. You now have accurate information and a direct contact to an exceptional surgeon. Dr. Chotiner and his exceptional staff are looking forward to meeting with you. You questions and concerns are welcome. Thank you for visiting us at Trusted LASIK Surgeons.
To find a vision correction expert surgeon who has qualified to be listed at Trusted LASIK surgeons in another area, please visit:
The screening process and standards used by Trusted LASIK Surgeons™ can be found at: